Online Rental App
Qualifying To Rent CLICK HERE
Single person Rental Application CLICK HERE
Security Deposit Information CLICK HERE
15-60 Day Notice for Month-To-Month Occupancy CLICK HERE
*Download the applicable Rental App-(Print out, then fill out completely) and Fax to 321/724-5380
APPLICATION ACCEPTANCE OF TERMS
Dear Rental Applicant:
We take pride in our rental homes. We offer guarantees in regard to your satisfaction and our maintenance responsibilities. We seek only qualified residents to reside in our homes.
We screen our applicants carefully and we verify all information provided to us on the rental application. We run a credit report, criminal and eviction search on every applicant, we verify employment and we check previous rental history. All intended people, pets and vehicles must be disclosed.
The screening and verification process is used the same way for every applicant -- fairly and consistently. We observe and believe in the fair housing laws. An applicant who passes the screening criteria is offered a rental when one is still available. An applicant who does not satisfy the screening criteria is not accepted as a resident.
By making application for one of our rentals, you acknowledge that these verifications will be done, and give us permission to do them. Please completely fill in the rental application. If you do not provide us with complete information, we will not be able to process the application. We will do our best to process your application quickly and normally finish within a 72 hour period. If you have not heard back from us by then, feel free to contact us. Please read and sign below acknowledging acceptance of the terms of your application. Thank you for making an application for one of our rentals and we hope you will become a long term resident with us.
1) I have double checked the information I have provided on the rental application
and agree that it is true and complete.
2) I understand that an update of the information on this application shall be requested. I agree to provide updated information and notify management of any changes (i.e., employment, phone number, car, emergency contact).
3) Reliable documentation and telephone numbers for all income must be provided, no exceptions.
*If employed, you will need last year's W-2s and your two most current pay stubs.
*If self-employed, most current Schedule C tax return and proof of current income year
* Other income such as retirement, AFDC, SDI, or others must have reliable documentation.
*Photo documentation (driver's license, military ID or state ID) is required.
4) I agree to pay a $ 35 nonrefundable processing fee (per adult 18 and over), plus a $350 refundable holding deposit to reserve/hold the rental for me should my application be accepted. If accepted, the holding deposit will be applied toward my move-in costs, including rent and security deposit. You may ask to seek a copy of our lease at any time.
5) I hereby waive any claim for damages if my application is not accepted.
6) I understand that every good faith effort will be made to have the premises ready for occupancy as promised. However, should the premises not be available for occupancy on the date promised, I hereby waive any and all rights to seek to recover damages of any kind from the landlord or management company.
7) I certify that I am not manufacturing, using, storing, or selling dangerous controlled substances, and understand that I will immediately be required to vacate the premises if evidence of such is found on the premises, or if I am convicted of any crimes related to possession and/or distribution of controlled dangerous substances.
8) I understand and agree that this application is NOT a lease or rental agreement, and should it be accepted, I will sign the lease provided within two business days of being accepted. In order to sign the lease, all monies for the unit (including rent, security deposit and other fees) must be paid in full. Should I fail to sign the lease or not pay all the monies due at move-in, the application shall be considered withdrawn, there will be no further obligation to reserve the rental and any and all monies shall be forfeit.
APPLICANT'S SIGNATURE: ___________ DATE __________
THANK YOU FOR YOUR APPLICATION
RESIDENT SELECTION CRITERIA
To guarantee compliance with the Federal Fair Housing Acts, a separate application
is required for each applicant over the age of eighteen (excluding dependent
children) who will reside at the property.
Realty Services Property Management Company does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, handicap or familial status. Realty Services adheres to all federal, state and local fair housing and equal opportunity laws.
Applicants will NOT be accepted on a “first come, first served” basis.
The following are Aamerican property Management's criteria for qualifying an applicant as a resident and must be included with the application:
1. Application must be fully completed, dated and signed.
2. Application must be reviewed at the time of submission to ensure we have all information needed to determine eligibility.
3. Applicant must provide proof of identity with photo (such as a state driver’s license).
4. Applicant must provide a social security number or be able to verify that no number has been assigned.
5. A landlord history with a minimum of four years to verify proven payment history and that the applicant has never been evicted.
6. Family size must be in compliance with the available unit per HUD guidelines.
APPLICANTS MAY BE DENIED OCCUPANCY FOR THE FOLLOWING REASONS:
a. Falsifying an application.
b. Incomplete application.
c. Poor rental history profile such as:
- Non-payment of rent
- Poor credit history within 5 years (such as delinquent real estate accounts from evictions, broken leases or utility bills)
- Joint bankruptcy or personal bankruptcy within the past 2 years or a bankruptcy that has not been discharged
- A filed eviction (unless a stipulation was adhered to)
- A history of violence to persons or property within the last 5 years
- A felony within 7 years, a sexual predator or sexual offender
- A history of poor or unsanitary housekeeping
- A history of drug-related activity by any of the applicant’s household members
- A history of unruly or destructive behavior by resident or a member of the resident’s household.
d. If an arrest record exists within seven years, it is up to the applicant to provide written verification from the proper authorities as to the final disposition of innocence or that the case was dropped.
APPLICANTS MAY HAVE AN ADVERSE REACTION FOR ANY OF THE FOLLOWING:
1. No employment
2. Residential verification of less than 2 years
3. No credit history
All sources of income must be verified.
Criminal and eviction records will be verified by an independent company.
Any exceptions to these criteria must be submitted in writing to the rental agent for presentation to the landlord for consideration. If approval is given for such exceptions, additional security, co-signers, and/or additional advance rent payments may be required.
Utility Information Guide (often provided with “Reservation Agreement”)
GETTING SETTLED Getting Connected
Provided as a reminder and resource to assist new tenants in completing the transfer of all utilities to their own personal accounts prior to occupancy/lease starting date. You must pay for Waste management services
Florida Power & Light Co. requires a deposit that varies according to a customer's credit rating. An initial service charge is included on the first bill. A certificate of occupancy following an electrical inspection is required for first service for a new home. To receive FPL service, call 723-7795 any time or go to www.fpl.com
Florida City Gas supplies natural gas to most of Brevard. The company requires a meter deposit that varies according to the amount of monthly gas usage. The meter deposit is refunded with interest after 12 months to customers with good payment records. A $50 startup fee is required. To begin gas service, call 800-993-7546. For new homes, call 632-1734. For further details, visit www.floridacitygas.com.
Contact Bell South at 888-757-6500 at any hour to set up residential service. A deposit amount is determined by the customer's credit report. Customers must give their address, Social Security and driver license numbers.
WATER. TRASH. SEWERS
Charges for sewer, water and deposit rates vary throughout the county. When service is disconnected, deposits are refunded. Charges for sewer, water and deposit rates vary throughout the county. When service is disconnected, deposits are refunded. Waste Management serves Palm Bay: 723-4455
Melbourne supplies water to its residents and those of Indian Harbour Beach, Satellite Beach, Indialantic, Melbourne Beach, Melbourne Village and parts of West Melbourne.
The city requires a $43 water deposit and a $77 sewer deposit for mainland residents and customer on city water.
A $103 water and sewer deposit are required for beachside residents on county sewer.
Go to Melbourne City Hall, 900 E. Strawbridge Ave.
Call 727-2900 or 953-6390. Or visit melbourneflorida.org
West Melbourne, a $100 deposit is required to establish service and a non-refundable $10 service fee is added to the first bill. Billing for trash collection is included in the water-sewer bill. Deposit is refunded when service is disconnected. Call 727-7700 or visit www.westmelbourne.org. Go to West Melbourne City Hall, 555 Washington Ave.
Cocoa provides service from Port St. John south to the Pineda Causeway in north Melbourne, and includes residents of Merritt Island and Cocoa Beach. Charges vary. All customers pay a $20 administration fee that shows up on the first bill.
Cocoa residents may pay deposits of $50 for sewer plus $40 for water.
Customers on septic tanks pay only the $40 water deposit.
Go to Cocoa City Hall, 603 Brevard Ave., between 8 am and 5 pm weekdays.
Call 639-7500 or visit www.cocoafla.org
Palm Bay, a $40 water deposit and/or a $50 sewer deposit is required to establish service and a non-refundable $15.33 service fee is required. Billing for trash collection is NOT included in the water/-sewer bill. (Waste Management serves Palm Bay: 723-4455). Deposit is refunded when service is disconnected. Call 952-3420 or visit www.palmbayflorida.org. Go to Palm Bay City Hall, 120 Malabar Road, Palm Bay 32907 before 3:30 PM.
The Waste Management invoice will arrive in an envelope addressed to the owner at your new address – please pay this bill as it is your responsibility to do so.
Information herein is provided to assist tenant(s) with utility transfer and is neither guaranteed nor represented to be updated and/or completely accurate.
Tenant: _________________________Date: ______________ Tenant: _________________________Date: ______________
Tenant: _________________________Date: ______________ Witness: _______________________________________
I value putting the right deal together vs. simply pursuing a commission or fee.
The Manager, Tenant and Owner have to be willing to enter into forthright and honest business dealings.
There are Property/Owner situations, however rare, that have to be avoided and in the past I have actually returned properties when circumstances dictated.